Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Guy Not Taken

A close friend of mine gave me this book a while back. Say 2 years ago? I don't exactly remember when. I started reading it almost immediately. But I was lost in school and work. After 2 stories, I put the book down. The book somehow got lost in the shuffle.

Last Saturday, I found it. I was going through our bookcase. Sorting through old textbooks and novels. And I found my book. Paul and I had decided to stay in Saturday. He was lost in his work. I was just going through random stuff around our house. After lunch, I curled up on the couch and started reading.



This is the first book by Jennifer Weiner that I have read. Both Lola and Vi have read many of her books. They rave about them. As a good entertainment book. Because the 3 of us tend to get lost in nutrition journals and diet books.

The Guy Not Taken was a good entertainment book. It is a collection of short stories. Like I said, I had started reading this when I first got it. But I put it down. Last Saturday, I read almost the entire book. Until I realized I needed to make dinner. I put the book down. Once again, I got lost in the week. But this morning, I finished it. And I am happy that I read it.

Sometimes you just need to read something for the pure entertainment factor. This is one of the those books. Like the Shopaholic books. If you are looking for something to pass the time, this is a good one. I was laughing and genuinely enjoying my read. I will definitely be reading more of Jennifer's books! ♥E

No comments: