Isn't this the cutest little lunch bag? I kind of wish that I still worked. That way I could buy it. You can find it here, for $19. There are 2 other styles. But the tomato is my favorite. I really do wish I had a good reason to buy this cute bag. But when would I use it? ♥E
I just love this episode of GH! Luke and Tracy are such a cute and unexpected couple. This has to be one of the best scenes on GH in a long time! Early in this episode when Luke tells Tracy, "I want you anyway I can get you," it made me smile. It was so typical of of Luke.
But this scene it was so sweet. I really did enjoy it. You know, until Tracy got sick. I've been watching GH since I was 13 or so. It has always been one of my favorite shows. Now if I could just catch up. How did I get this far behind? ♥E
I think this is such a cute hairstyle! But I would definitely use dark rubber bands. I don't want the rubber bands to stick out like that. And with the weather being so hot, and humid. Yes humid in the desert, I've been wearing my hair up. This is such a cute hairstyle. I'm going to be trying this tomorrow morning. ♥E
We're definitely enjoying our weekend at home. Next week, we go back on the road. I think Paul really misses it. It's been a weird couple of weeks. But our schedule should straighten out after we get back from Texas. And I really can't wait until we go on our trip to see my in-laws. Here is this weeks Sunday Stealing. ♥E
45. Favorite color? Turquoise
46. Have you ever slapped someone? No
47. Is your hair curly? No
48. What was the last CD you bought? I don't know the name of it. But it's a classical CD. Very soothing. :)
49. Do looks matter? Not really. I think it initially draws you to a person. But the person's attitude and personality is more important.
50. Could you ever forgive a cheater? I don't think I ever could.
51. Is your phone bill sky high? No
52. Do you like your life right now? Yes
53. Do you sleep with the TV on? No, we don't even have a TV in our bedroom.
54. Can you handle the truth? Yes, I'd rather have the truth than lies.
55. Do you have good vision? It's pretty good.
56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people? No
57. How often do you talk on the phone? A few times a day. But not for a long time.
58. The last person you held hands with? Paul :)
59. What are you wearing? A sundress and sandals.
60. What is your favourite animal? Dogs
61. Where was your favorite picture taken at? In the mountains, when Paul and I got engaged.
62. Can you hula hoop? Yes
63. Do you have a job? No
64. What was the most recent thing you bought? We just bought groceries. Yesterday Paul bought me a necklace.
65. Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes, when we lived in Florida, we locked ourselves out. It was a tiny little window. I thought for sure that I was going to get stuck in the window.
I did it. I signed up for Polyvore. I have seen a few ladies' Polyvore pages. And I was just in love! Polyvore immediately made me think of paper dolls. For adults. :)
I decided to put together a date look. Paul and I have decided to go out on a date tomorrow night. Mostly because he's off for the weekend. And we don't get to be a "normal" couple often. So we like to take advantage of the "off weekends" when we have them.
We're going out in the late afternoon. There is a local market that we want to go to. And then we're going out for a nice dinner. So I was going for a casual look. Something that could also be semi-dressy.
I can already tell, Polyvore is going to be addicting. I might be in trouble. But it might also be something that keeps me busy when we're traveling. Do you have a Polyvore account? I would love to see it too! ♥E
This week, we're home. I'm kinda glad. But it's so hot around here. We considered going to visit my parents this weekend. But we decided to stay home. Why? Because of the heat. And we're working on some projects at home. Our list seems to never end. But we're slowly knocking things off of our list. It makes me feel good! Even if it's a lot of hard work.
Our garden is refusing to grow in this heat. Nothing like this picture! I'm just at a loss for words, when it comes to our garden. And my flowers, they just don't want to bloom. No matter how much water I give them. Part of our lawn is also "sunburned." At least, that is what J's gardener told us.
But this weekend, we're tackling other stuff. Yard work, yes. There is also painting on the list. And organizing our stuff. I know we've lived here for months. But we still haven't really settled in. I hope we can knock some of those projects off the list. What are you planning for this weekend? ♥E
We're back on the road. And I have to say that I missed it. We missed it. Paul is excited to be back traveling. All of the guys are happy. But it's going to be a weird schedule for the next few weeks. So we're just going to enjoy it right now. I really need to get ready for today's event too. Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
23. Do you rent movies often? Not really. We usually wait to buy a movie that we really like.
24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in? My wedding rings.
25. How many countries have you visited? 2
26. Have you made a prank phone call? No
27. Ever been on a train? Yes, it was a lot of fun!
28. Brown or white eggs? Either, I'm not picky.
29. Do you have a cell-phone? Yes
30. Do you use Chap Stick? Yes, lots of times every day.
31. Do you own a gun? We do own guns for hunting.
32. Can you use chop sticks? Not very well.
33. Who are you going to be with tonight? Paul and the guys he works with.
34. Are you too forgiving? I don't think so. When people do me wrong, it takes me a while to let them back in.
35. Ever been in love? Yes, I'm very much in love right now. :)
36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow (or the next soonest week day)? I don't know. Lola is still on vacation. I know Vi is working.
37. Ever have cream puffs? Yes, they're yummy!
38. Last time you cried? I don't know.
39. What was the last question you asked? What time we're leaving.
That my friends, is the last episode of General Hospital that I watched. Why? I don't know. I'm so behind! I usually catch up on GH when Paul is working. Or we're traveling. Watching on the plane or in the car helps to pass the time. But this, well it's a total fail.
I think I've been putting it off. Knowing that I can watch on YouTube anytime I want. But it has me almost 2 months behind. And I need to carve out some serious time. I really do miss GH. Maybe Paul will have a day of watching sports soon. Then I can curl up and watch some General Hospital. You know, catch up. So I know what's going on. ♥E
I really like Raspberry Iced Tea. But I've never thought about making it. Until today. I think the heat is really starting to get to me. So I decided to do a quick recipe search. And I found this recipe on All Recipes. It sounds yummy. And I actually made a pitcher. I'm just waiting for it to chill. I can't wait to try it! ♥E
1 gallon water 3 (3 ounce) gallon-size tea bags 1 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup powdered lemonade mix (such as Country Time®) ice cubes
Bring the water to a boil in a large pot, and stir in the tea bags, raspberries, and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Allow the mixture to steep until the desired level of tea flavor is reached, 3 to 5 minutes; remove tea bags, and stir in the lemonade mix until dissolved. Pour tea into pitchers, and add ice to cool.
I just love this song! I get so excited every time I hear it. We're definitely going to have to get Dierks Bentley's new CD. I'm really into this song. Our friends were jamming the other day at J's. And they were playing this song. It made me want to dance. ♥E
We're really enjoying our weekend. One of our last weekends off. So we've been working around the house. I don't think "to-do" lists ever end. But at least we've been making some serious progress on our projects. And I'm feeling a lot better about our home.
It's weird to be home on weekends. I think Paul and I got so used to traveling. Even if we haven't done a lot of traveling since May. But it's nice to get to tackle our projects. Even if our garden is still suffering so much. I don't know what else to do with our sad garden. So here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair.
2. What color is your favorite hoodie? Maroon, it's from college.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Of course! I kissed Paul.
4. Do you plan outfits? No. It just randomly happens in the morning.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? Good. But it's so hot outside.
6. What's the closest thing to you that's red? An apple that I'm about to eat. :)
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I dreamt that Paul and I had a baby. All I really remember is hearing a baby cry. And Paul walking into our bedroom holding a baby.
8. Did you meet anybody new today? Yes, we met a new family at church.
9. What are you craving right now? A nice chicken salad sandwich.
10. Do you floss? Every day.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Cabbage and hamburger meat. I miss eating that. We need to go visit my parents. :)
12. Are you emotional? Not overly emotional.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? Not from 1 to 1000.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? A little bit of both.
15. Do you like your hair? I'm very happy. I recently got a haircut. :)
16. Do you like yourself? Yes
17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? Yes, I think it would be an interesting dinner.
18. What are you listening to right now? Paul has the radio on. And I can hear him working on something in the barn.
19. Are your parents strict? When I was young, they were very strict.
20. Would you go sky diving? Yes
21. Do you like cottage cheese? Yes
22. Have you ever met a celebrity? Yes, a few actually.
Happy 4th of July! We're excited about today. It's one of Paul and I's favorite holidays. We're actually getting ready to grill. Or I should say, Paul is getting ready to grill. :)
My parents came down too. And tonight we're going to go see the Electrical Parade. So much fun! It reminds me of when we were in college. We would go every year. That's part of the fun of living in a small town.
But you can never forget the people that make it possible. The men and women who are out there fighting for our lives, our freedoms, and our safety. To you, I say Thank You! It means the world to me to be an American. ♥E
Ours? Not so well. This heat is killing us. And our plants. We decided to plant entire seed packages. Paul already thought that most plants wouldn't make it through the summer heat. But I don't think either of us realized how badly our garden would be doing by now.
We lived here when we went to college. But at the time, we were your typical "poor college students." And we lived in an apartment. The only thing we grew were tomatoes. Because you could grow them in pots. And we tried strawberries once. It didn't go well.
But when we moved to Florida, we got spoiled. We had a lush, beautiful garden! 90% of the veggies we ate, came from our garden. And we really got used to that. But here, the desert heat isn't so kind. And everything is dying! We try watering. Paul even put up a canopy over our garden. But I'm guessing 110 degree weather isn't so great for a garden.
We're hoping some stuff survives. Are you growing a garden this year? How is it going? I hope a lot better than ours. ♥E
Hi! My name is Emily, but my friends call me Emmers. I am happily married to Paul. We met in college. Momma to the most precious little girl, Matilda. I work as an RD. And just recently Paul and I finished up with all of our school stuff. We are hoping to move back home soon! I also enjoy spending lots of time with Paul. We like to work on our home. I garden or cook almost everyday. I enjoy reading, writing, and sewing.