Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I'm pretty sure that I've become addicted to scarves. Or at least YouTube videos about scarves and scarf collections. I really want to go shopping for more scarves. They're just a fun accessory. And so incredibly easy to wear. I must confess, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a few of their $5 scarves. They are a nice addition to my wardrobe. ♥E
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
I'm really getting into the holiday spirit. And watching all these YouTube videos is making me want to dress up every day. Even if I'm just spending my days and nights at home. But I'm really enjoying it.
I wish I was better at makeup. I'm nowhere near Manders. But after watching some videos, I'm feeling a little adventurous. And I want to try this look. What do you think? I don't think it's too dramatic. And I'm pretty sure I can pull it off. I just need to practice. ♥E
Friday, December 18, 2009
I immediately thought that this idea would be great for some holiday gifts. For our friends. Who doesn't like a good cookie? And even for some of our family. So I'm going to get started. I have a bunch to make! But I did manage to bake some cookies for Paul and I. They were delicious! I think you should try out this recipe too. But if you're not into sweet cookies, I'd half the chocolate chips. ♥E
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup orange flavored dried cranberries
1 cup vanilla or white chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the sugar and brown sugar, packing well between each layer. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; spoon into jar. Top with oats, cranberries and chips. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
2.To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to combine. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drop by the tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
You see, Paul is making a good salary, with his new job. We're better off now then we were when we both worked. And there is really no reason for me to work. And I'm enjoying being home a lot. I think Paul is also enjoying it. Because I'm definitely doing a lot more around the house.
I've always cooked. But now, our meals are a lot more thought out. And I have to say this, they're a lot more yummy. I've also been experimenting with baking. And I'm doing a lot better.
But the biggest point for us, is that I get to travel with Paul. Whenever he travels for work, I get to go too. And I think that's important. Since Paul is gone about half of the week. When he is on the touring schedule.
We also want to start a family in the next 2 years. So this is a good option. No more working for me. We can afford it right now. And there are really no jobs available. So I get to stay home. And take care of my husband. I really enjoy being home. And being a housewife. We have lots of options ahead of us. And I'm glad that we have these opportunities ahead. Life is really good for us at the moment. ♥E
Monday, December 14, 2009
But there is nothing around here. I miss H&M the most. Recently, they opened up a Forever 21...an hour away. The closest stores to us are Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target. We have no TJ Maxx. No Nordstorms. No Outlets. OK, there are some about an hour away. But they are small. Not really anything good there.
I miss the Outlets in Florida. I miss the cute boutiques. And the shops like H&M, Charlotte Russe, etc. I would think, they would have shops like that here. Based on the local economy. But nope. So I sit here, and miss Florida. For the shopping. Something I never really appreciated when we lived there.
Even with both of us working, we didn't have this kind of money either. We're not rich. But we're definitely more comfortable, than we were a few months ago. Honestly, I feel like going on vacation to Florida. I really do miss the stores. Why can't we have decent stores in the desert? We don't even have a MAC store! ♥E
Sunday, December 13, 2009
For some reason, I'm feeling extra lazy today. That's not a good thing. Because Paul has to work today. And all I want to do is stay in and watch movies. But we really need to get going. We really have to enjoy today's event. It will be a while before we get to come to one of these again. And I need to get some Christmas shopping done. How are you doing with your shopping? Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
Is easy to love? Yes, as long as you find the right person to love.
Do you just wanna smack? No
Do you trust? Yes
Do you talk to when you're alone? I think I do sometimes.
Dangerous things do you do while driving? I get side tracked sometimes. Either by the scenery or music on the radio.
Are you allergic to? I have seasonal allergies.
Is Satan's last name? I don't know.
Is the freakiest thing in your house? Nothing
Is it time to turn over a new leaf? We just did.
Will you be all that you can be? I'm trying to be that right now.
Is enough enough? When things are not changing.
Do you go to the dark side? Never.
Are your pants? I'm wearing them.
Is your last will and testament? In our safe.
Is your junk food stash? In the pantry.
Is Carmen Sandiego? I don't know. I was never good at that!
Was the Lone Ranger alone? I don't know.
Was The Scarlet Letter scarlet? Maybe because it was easier to see, and resembled blood.
Are musicians sexy and plumbers not? I think because musicians are more mysterious.
Are there no seat belts on school buses? Because the seats are all padded.
Swim the English Channel for a doughnut and coffee? If not that, what? No, I'm just not that into donuts and coffee.
Forgive someone who deliberately hurt you? It depends.
Rather believe a lie if it hurt you less than the truth? No, I would rather know the truth.
You still be alive if you were sucked out of an airplane window? I don't know. Maybe.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
I just love this song. It really makes me smile. I think about Paul every time I hear it. I like the softer side of Blake Shelton. After following him on Twitter, it's crazy to hear a song like this from him. But I really do enjoy his softer music. ♥E
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Do you see that delicious goodness? It just makes me smile looking at that picture. Yes, a few weeks ago, maybe even months ago, I had my first one. And now, I'm a little addicted. It's wonderful! I've had Rocky Road ice cream. But this is different. It's just like the marshmallow fluff covered in a mix of chocolate and nuts. Wonderful! If you haven't tried one yet, you are definitely missing out! ♥E
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Anyway, this is one of Paula Deen's amazing recipes! Is anyone else in love with her show? I am! I'm highly addicted. And there is not a thing that she makes that would fall into the "healthy" category. But that's OK. Everything is so yummy! ♥E
2 (16-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy or light syrup, or in fruit juice, your choice
1 pint fresh blueberries, optional
1/2 cup baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; store in an empty spice shaker jar; shake well before each use)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a Dutch oven with vegetable oil cooking spray
Drain 1 can of the peaches. Combine both cans of peaches, including the juice from the undrained can, the blueberries, if using, the baking mix, sugar, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Place this mixture into the Dutch oven.
To make the topping: Combine the biscuit mix, sugar, butter, and milk in a resealable plastic bag. Drop bits of dough, using your fingers, on top of the peaches. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Place the Dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crusty.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
I'm completely in love with this weather! Since when does it snow here? And snow so much! I love it! And our Christmas tree is up. Right now, I'm just love the twinkle lights. All of our decorations are going up. It feels amazing. I really do love this time of year! Here's my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
Would it be hard to kiss the last person you kissed? Not at all, I last kissed Paul. :)
When is it hard to kiss someone? When you don't like them.
You're trapped in a room with your most recent ex for three days, what do you do? I don't know. We haven't talked in over 10 years!
Does it matter to you if your significant other smokes? Yes, I'm not a fan of smoking at all!
Have you ever regretted letting someone go? Never, when I let someone go from my life, it's for a reason.
Where would you go if you were butt naked and locked out of your house? Oh goodness, I'd probably call Paul or Lola to come rescue me.
Do you want to please everyone? No, it's not possible.
Have you ever been called heartless? Never
Someone calls you at 3:00 AM, who do you expect it to be? Probably Lola. She's the only one I know that stays up that late. Or J. Needing Paul to go to work.
Does it matter if your significant other drinks? Not really. As long as they can control it.
Could you go the rest of your life without doing drugs? Yes
Which is better, amazing eyes or an amazing smile? Amazing eyes.
Do you want to get married and have children one day? I'm already married. And Paul and I want to start a family in the next few years.
Are you easy to get along with? I think so.
Do you ever want to go to sleep and not wake up? Sometimes, but not often.
Are you shorter than your Mom? No, we're the same height.
Describe your life currently in one word: Happy!
Are you on medication for anything? No
Who would you allow to read your thoughts for one day? Paul
Are there things in your life that you will never be able to get over? No, I don't think so. At least at this point in my life.
If you woke up naked next to the last person you kissed, what would your reaction be? Happy! :)
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Here's another really good YouTube video. Lots of great makeup tips. I really like CarahAmelie03's videos. I really like her style and her taste in things. But this video, I thought it was a great one. Especially for women like me. You know, who aren't all that comfortable with makeup yet. ♥E
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Paul and Antonio had to split up the guys dogs. The BBs are in Las Vegas. And we agreed to watch their dogs. That's 2-3 dogs a guy! Wow! Can you say "Dog City" around here? But it's been fun. I've been trying to spend 2 hours with them in the morning. We go outside and run around. Or they run around and I try to workout. Then Paul runs around with them when he gets home from work. Let's just say, our dogs are having a lot of fun with their visitors. :)
And we're trying to get ready for the holidays. It's been so busy around here. I've been doing some shopping on and off. But we really need to schedule out a day to go shopping. I have a list. And slowly but surely, we're making our way through it. And I'm even managing to keep up with the wrapping. I think we're doing pretty good. How are you doing on you holiday shopping? ♥E
Monday, November 30, 2009
I just found this wonderful blog. Trina is hosting a scarf giveaway. I hope you go and take a look at this blog. Trina is just so stylish! I love her tips. They range from fashion to makeup. She also blogs about her family and their various adventures.
I am a big fan of this scarf. And I am so glad that Trina is hosting this giveaway. I hope that I win this. It would make a nice addition to any outfit. Especially for the holidays.
You can use this scarf to add some style to a simple black dress. Or even a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I'm going over to Trina's blog to enter the giveaway. I hope you take the time to go look at her blog as well! ♥E
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I'm still enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers. Aren't they so much better after the big meal? I think so! And we got a lot of shopping done on Friday. I'm feeling pretty good about life at the moment. And I hear our pumpkin pie calling my name. :) So here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. When is your birthday? October 17th
2. Where were you born? In a small town, in the SW part of our state.
3. Where do you live now? About 2 hours south of there.
4. What is your heritage? American
5. Tell us about a weakness. Chocolate, it gets me every time. I love the stuff!
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? Buying a house and starting our family.
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? LOL
8. What was your first thought this morning? I want a turkey sandwich.
9. When do you usually go to bed? It depends. Usually by 11pm.
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? No
11. Do you like your current relationship status? Yes, very much so! :)
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? I get along good with my parents.
13. How often do you drink alcohol? Not often. Usually to celebrate something big or for a holiday.
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? No
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. No
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? In my sleep.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? I'm already an RD. That's what I wanted to be. Now if I could just find a job.
18. Have you ever been dumped? Yes, haven't we all?
19. What's on your pizza? Pepperoni and green chili or ham and pineapple. :)
20. Have you ever shoplifted? Never!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I found Trina and her videos a while back. And I love them! I also found her blog. Again, one of my favorites! She is such a sweet and stylish lady.
This video is one of my favorites. I adore her scarf collection. It makes me want to head to the store immediately! I want to buy a bunch of scarves. And I really wish we could go shopping with Trina. Have I mentioned how stylish she is? And how much I love her style! That last scarf is my favorite! I went searching high and low for it, but I never found it...
Lola is someone else who loves scarves. And she always has a cute one on. I'm telling you, I need to go shopping. It's so super cold out. So unusual for this area. And I'm starting to really miss the Florida weather. But I think I just want to go scarf shopping. :) ♥E
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just love Thanksgiving for all the yummy food. J gave all his employees fresh turkeys. And Paul cooked ours. Amazing! We really out did ourselves this year. And we cooked like we were expecting an Army! It was just the 2 of us. :)
Now we're going through the ads. Looks like it's going to be an early morning for us tomorrow. But we enjoy the crazy shopping. And the good breakfast we usually go out to have afterward. I really can't wait to have a leftover turkey sandwich tomorrow too!
Right now, my belly is stuffed! Oh my! Everything was so delicious. And I'm still considering some more pumpkin pie. :) But I really want to say how much all of our friends and family mean to Paul and I. It's been a crazy few months. And you've stuck behind us. It means so much to us! Thank you very much. This year, we're most thankful for all the people that love us. We really are blessed. ♥E
Monday, November 23, 2009
A lot like Christmas! Paul has been working on the lights outside for about 2 days. We're getting ready to put up our Christmas tree. It just feels amazing! I LOVE this time of year! It makes me feel like a kid again.
And we've been indulging a bit. I've been baking cookies and making hot chocolate. But it's just perfect for the cold weather that we've been having. I'm so excited! Little by little, I've been putting up the decorations in the house. Like the Nativity Scene and such. But the tree is the highlight of our decorating. I can't wait. I've even got Christmas music playing in the background. :) ♥E
Sunday, November 22, 2009
We've really been enjoying the cold weather. It was the one thing that both Paul and I missed when we lived in Florida. It's amazing to have 3 fireplaces in our home too! Last night, we roasted marshmallows and snuggled. Oh cold weather, how I love you! Here is my Sunday Stealing for the week. ♥E
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. I don't know of anyone personally. But Lola's grandpa and I have the same birthday.
2. Where was your first kiss? In the small town where I'm from, in the park.
3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why? No
4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When? No
5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? They're eyes.
6. What really turns you off? People who think they are better than you are.
7. What is your biggest mistake? Not studying a larger variety of topics in school.
8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? No
9. Say something totally random about yourself. I just painted my nails a taupe color.
10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? No
11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? Sometimes I watch Disney movies. :)
12. Are you comfortable with your height? Yes
13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? When Paul was planning on proposing, he planned an entire weekend out. He rented a cabin, got all my favorite foods, and movies. Decorated it with flowers and candles. It was very romantic. The entire weekend, he did tons of stuff for me too. I have an old romantic for a husband. And I love it!
14. When do you know it's love? I don't know. I just knew when Paul and I began dating.
15. What's something that really annoys you? Rude cashiers.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
But here, I've seen some nice items. Unfortunately, every time I go to buy a scarf, they're either stained or torn. I really want one. I guess I just need to keep my eyes peeled. Maybe I should start looking online too. ♥E
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I was reading a few of my friends' blogs this morning. And I found a link to a giveaway. For a custom made necklace like this. Don't you adore it? I would just love to win this necklace. You can enter the giveaway for your chance to win. ♥E
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I always leave the store feeling bad. Because I have to buy such large sizes. I know, in the back in my head that the label means nothing. But what does that tell you about the brand? It just makes me wonder. And if I feel this bad, and I'm a confident woman, what does it do to teenage girls? ♥E
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I found a link to this giveaway. I am so happy that I did. Not only did I find this beautiful dress. But I also found a fun new blog. I can't believe someone can sew like this. I need to learn. Since I am still without a job, maybe I can learn. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands. I am so inspired by this blog! ♥E
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I really just want to sit down and eat some cobbler from last night. And maybe crawl up on the couch and watch a movie. It's such a cold day. I want to just relax and enjoy the day. Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
Part One - Describe:
Your hair? Long and brown.
Your mother? The sweetest and most loving person I know.
Your father? Such a strong person. Determined and hardworking.
Your favorite food? At the moment, enchiladas.
Your dream last night? I don't remember it. I just remember being on the beach. :)
Your favorite drink? I really like pineapple juice.
Your dream/goal? To get a good job, buy our own home, and have some babies with Paul. :)
The room are you in? The living room.
Your hobby? Cooking and watching Youtube videos.
Your fear? Losing my husband.
Your TV? Is off.
Your Pets? Our dogs are sleeping.
Friends? Are amazing!
Your life? Is very good at the moment.
Your mood? Very happy.
If you're missing someone? I'm missing some friends from Florida.
Your best friend? Lola and Vi.
Part Two - The Where's?
Where do you want to be in 6 years? I want to have our own home, be comfortable in our jobs, and to have started a family.
Where were you last night? At home.
Where did you grow up? About 90 minutes from here.
One place that I go to over and over? To the mountains. :)
Your favorite place to eat out? Si Senor's
Wish list items? A house of our own.
Last time you laughed? About 10 minutes ago.
Last time you cried? I don't know. It's been a while.
Part Three - The What's?
Something that you aren't? Crafty
Last thing you did? Got some water and an apple.
What are you wearing? Jeans and a sweater.
Something you're not wearing? A jacket.
Your favorite store? Target
Saturday, November 14, 2009
It was the perfect treat for Paul and I. Especially on a cold night like this. I made 6 mini cobblers. And I just put 4 in the refrigerator. I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow! ♥E
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (4.5 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Set aside some of the pie filling, including five cherries, for garnish. Divide the remaining filling among five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Top each with a biscuit; brush with butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees F for 14-18 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Top with reserved pie filling.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I found this YouTube video. And I thought it was good and informative video. With lots of great tips. I probably could have used this when we went to Las Vegas. I would put on basic makeup during the day. You know, for shopping and such. You don't want to walk around with crazy makeup during the day. Even in Las Vegas.
Then I'd struggle every evening at trying to make my makeup more "night" appropriate. Does anyone else have that issue? I think it's horrible. I usually just take off all of my makeup and start again. But now, I think I could just add a few more products and make a nice evening look. ♥E
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
This was such an interesting conference. I know that doesn't sound interesting at all. But it was. In all the years I went to college and studied nutrition, I only took 2 pediatric classes. They don't offer many. It's something you have to seek out after you become an RD.
Lola talked to the Pediatric Chief at the hospital where she works. There is a good possibility that I can get a job in the pediatric unit. I'm not sure if I'd be working in the regular pediatric unit, the PICU, or the NICU. But I need to become pediatric certified.
After 10 hours, I can't believe how much I learned. It was incredible! And now, I'm so excited. Even if I'm tired. We relied heavily on AMP and chocolate to make it through the day. But it all worked out nicely. Right now, I'm heading to bed. It's been a long 10 hours. ♥E
Sunday, November 8, 2009
We're still in Las Vegas. We leave this week. We're still not completely sure what day. But we've had such a great time! And I'm glad that we've gotten the chance to spend so much tie with our friends. Who would have ever thought that life would be this nice? Here's my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
26. What color is your watch? The one I have on right now is gold.
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? Kangaroos
28. Would you strip for money? No
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? We usually go through the drive thru.
30. What is your favorite number? 17
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? Lola
32. Any plans today? Some work for Paul. I'm going to try and spend some time with friends. And going to some shows. :)
33. In how many states have you lived? 3
34. Biggest annoyance right now? Nothing really.
35. Last song listened to? I just heard Shania Twain's "Up."
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? If I do it really slowly.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? No. Not unless you call me the maid.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? A pair of grey ballet flats. They're so comfortable!
39. Are you jealous of anyone? No
40. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of.
41. Do you love anyone? Yes, Paul, my family, and my friends.
42. Do any of your friends have children? Lots of them have have kids.
43. What do you usually do during the day? I usually take care of our house. I cook, clean, and make sure everything is going well. When I can, I try to watch GH. But mostly just house stuff.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? No
45. Do you use the word hello daily? Yes
46. What color is your car? Blue
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? Size 6
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? About my parents.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes
50. How did you get your worst scar? Jumping a fence when I was younger.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Can I admit that I love the decor in Carly's living room? And in Robin's. I'm looking at turning one of the bedrooms into an office for me. Or just a room for me to hangout in. I like the color pallet of both rooms. Now I just need to decide which one I like more.
I like the light and airy feeling of Carly's house. The cool tones. It's just amazing. And Robin's, the dark and inviting colors. Love them! I'm so inspired. I think I need to sit and talk to Lola about all of this. Where do I begin? ♥E
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
She was right. These were the best little cakes ever! It's a good thing that I don't live in Las Vegas. Because I could see myself going to Freed's Bakery weekly. Honestly, they're that good! If you're ever in Las Vegas, you need to go to Freed's Bakery. In my opinion, it's just as important as going to the Strip and shopping at the Outlets. ♥E
Monday, November 2, 2009
But lately, my blog has been so boring. I don't know. It just seems boring. What do you think? And there seems to be a ton of Sunday Stealing. I know they're good. I enjoy doing them. There are a lot of fun questions. But my blog seems to only focus on them. I need to stop that!
So I'm going to try and focus on real life. And fun stuff. I don't know what else. I just want to spice up. Make my blog a fun place to come and read. My fingers are crossed that I can do that. ♥E
Sunday, November 1, 2009
We had a great Halloween! Lots of fun. Lots of friends. The event was so much fun. And the shows were amazing! All of our friends are so talented. But right now, I feel like a nap. We have another full evening tonight. So here is my Sunday Stealing for the week. ♥E
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? Pink and white.
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Paul
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sleeping
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Sleeping
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Kit Kat
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? No
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? I want a grilled cheese and a salad. We're ordering some breakfast/lunch.
8. What is your favorite ice cream? How to choose? Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut. It has a little bit of everything in it.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water
10. Do you like your wallet? Yes
11. What was the last thing you ate? I haven't had anything since last night. I think it could have been a cookie.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yes, I've been doing a lot of shopping. I love the Outlets here!
13. The last sporting event you watched? A Rodeo
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Extra butter. :)
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? Anna Marie
16. Ever go camping? Yes, I used to go a lot when I was younger.
17. Do you take vitamins daily? Just a multi vitamin.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? Yes, except today...
19. Do you have a tan? No
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Yes, I really like Chinese food.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Yes
22. What did your last text message say? Still waiting on our baby. (My friend is due in a few weeks.)
23. What are you doing tomorrow? I don't know. Maybe some more shopping?
24. Favorite color? Turquoise
25. Look to your left; what do you see? Paul reading the newspaper. :)
Saturday, October 31, 2009
I'm so excited! It's Halloween today. And we're in Las Vegas. So much fun! Tonight we're heading to see our friends perform and we're so excited. I'm also anxious to see Lauren all dressed up. She keeps telling me about her costume.
We also have our event to go to tonight. Yes, Paul is working. But we'll have more than enough time to enjoy the holiday. This morning, we woke up to a big Halloween surprise from Lola. A basket full of yummy treats! She is an amazing friend. :)
I'm going to miss handing out candy. But this is going to be a fun day. I'm super excited! And the day is just beginning. But what can I say? I'm in love with this city and all the things we're getting to do! Happy Halloween! ♥E
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
But I came with Lola and the band yesterday. Paul figured it would be a nicer way for me to travel. Since he's coming with the guys. And all the livestock. So here I am. We enjoyed a lot of the city already. I'm glad I came with Lola. She knows about all the fun places to go.
Paul is really excited about the event that they're working. And I'm just happy to be in town. We're going to get to see the BBs perform. And Lola! Not to mention all the other great shows. I'm so excited!
And we'll be here for Halloween. That should be fun! We did that once before. And that was the best Halloween ever! I'm really excited. But more excited that Paul is almost here. I can't wait to share some of the fun with him. ♥E
Sunday, October 25, 2009
The weather has been so cold lately. And we're enjoying it so much! But, it's causing me to stay indoors a lot more. Which is a little sad. But I'm dealing. Spending more and more time at the gym. And decorating for Halloween. Halloween is just making me excited.
I'm not much of a horror fan. I love Halloween, but that is about it for me. So I hope this isn't too boring for you. Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction? Does Frankenstein count?
2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy? I don't really have one.
3. Who is your favorite monster? Um, Cousin It?
4. What is your favorite Horror movie? The Birds
5. What horror movie gives you the most chills? The Birds
6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play? The lady from The Birds.
7. Freddy or Jason? I don't know...
8. What is your favorite Halloween treat? Those carmel and chocolate apples. Yum!
9. Ghosts or goblins? Ghosts
10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one? Friendly. :)
11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal? I haven't had one.
12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? No, I just think people don't come back to haunt us.
13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? A zombie.
14. Favorite Halloween costume? One year my husband dressed up like a 40s troop, and I dressed up to match him. In a 40s style pin up look. It was a lot of fun!
15. Best thing about Halloween? Decorating and handing out candy.
16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? My husband.
17. Are you superstitious? No
18. Share an unusual Halloween story. I grew up in the mountains. Not many people would hand out candy. And well, people live far from each other. But one year, my dad wanted us to have fun. So he built this little Halloween scenes. And he hid candy in them. By the time we got there, some creatures had stole all our candy. My friends and I didn't get any candy that year! And it was snowing...
19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid? We'd watch Halloween movies. And my mom would cook us a Halloween themed dinner. All of our friends would come over. It was a lot of fun.
20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended? We went to Las Vegas. Lola was performing and she invited us. So we got to go to a big Vegas Halloween party. Lots of fun!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Every week, I look forward to watch a new episode. I hear that there is a book. I might have to pick it up. I love to read. But I don't know if it will ruin the series for me. I did that with Lipstick Jungle. And it sorta ruined the show for me. Until it was cancelled. But I really like this show! ♥E
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Early this week, we carved pumpkins. And started to decorate for Halloween. So much fun! Paul and I were like little kids. We even roasted the pumpkin seeds. And ate plenty of Candy Corn. :) I'm telling you, I love Fall!
And tonight, I made a big pot of veggie stew. It was so good. And we had lots of good bread to go with it. I'm telling you, there is something about the cooling weather, and all the warm things that go with it. I'm going to go cuddle up with my husband and a cup of apple cider. ♥E
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I'm still recovering from my birthday. :) Paul put together such a fun day for me. And he made me a yummy dinner last night. It was really good! And we spent the night watching all my favorite movies. That means we were up all night! But it was so fun.
Today, my parents came over. And my mom made me an amazing meal. She is amazing! But we really did have a great time. I'm ready for bed. But first, here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
A- Advocate for: Children
B- Best Feature: My eyes?
C- Could do without: The stress of job hunting.
D- Dreams and desires: To work in pediatric nutrition, have babies with Paul, and grow old with my husband.
E- Essential items: Chapstick, water, deodorant, socks, and a good facial cleanser.
F- Favorite past time: Reading
G- Good at: Nutrition stuff.
H- Have never tried: Crafting
I- If I had a million dollars: I'd buy a home, start a family, and start a garden to sell veggies.
J- Junkie for: Anything vintage.
K- Kindred spirit: To Lola and Vi.
L- Little known fact: I've always wanted to learn how to sew and crochet.
M- Memorable moment: Marrying my best friend.
N- Never again will I: Move across country.
O- Occasional indulgence: Tons and tons of junk food.
P- Profession: An RD.
Q- Quote: "Take life one day at a time." ~Unknown
R- Reason to smile: Spending time with my husband.
S- Sorry about: Nothing at the moment.
T- Things you are worrying about right now: Finding a job.
U- Uninterested in: Sports
V- Very scared of: Not having enough money.
W- Worst habits: Completely reorganizing our bookshelves all the time.
Y- Yummiest dessert: Hot fudge, brownie sundae. Yum!
X- X marks my ideal vacation spot: Hawaii
Z- Zodiac sign: Libra
Friday, October 16, 2009
I made an appointment. And I figured I would get my hair done. Last night, I began to think about having my nails done too. But I wasn't sure. But when I got to my appointment today, Paul had called ahead.
He scheduled a day of pampering for me. And had paid for everything! When I called him, he told me that it was a bit of a birthday present. Tomorrow is my birthday. Don't I have a wonderful husband? I think so!
I had my hair done, a mani-pedi, and my eyebrows done. It was like heaven! And just when I thought I was done, I had a facial and a massage. Paul met me for a yummy dinner in the city. And we came home.
Right now, Paul is making me a yummy dessert. He is such an amazing husband! I'm trying to think of something amazing to do for him. For his birthday. Even if it's still months away. I love Paul so much! ♥E
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
But now, I want something nice. So Paul and I are going to go look at our local Target. I hope they have it. I don't want to have to pay the shipping if I don't have to. If not, maybe the big city, about an hour away, has it. I just hope so! ♥E
Sunday, October 11, 2009
We're still trying to settle into our new home. Everything is going well. But we have a little shopping left to do. I really feel like this is such a good move for Paul and I. We're so happy. Here's My Sunday Steaing for the week. ♥E
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet? No
2. How do you flush the toilet in public? With my foot. I'm just weird like that.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Always!
4. Do you have a crush on someone? My husband. :)
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of. Money. I've always worried about it.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? None that I know of.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping? Pepperoni
8. Do you crack your knuckles? Sometimes. But I try not to.
9. What song do you hate the most? The "Thong Song." I heard it way too much in Florida.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? Yes...
11. What are your super powers? Being able to guess people's weight and height.
12. Peppermint or spearmint? Spearmint
13. Where are your car keys? In a bowl, by the door.
14. Last song you listened to? That song on GMA.
15. What's your most annoying habit? Organizing our bookshelves.
16. Where did you last go on vacation? We came here on vacation. Before we moved.
17. What is your best physical feature? I don't know. My eyes?
18. What CD is closest to you right now? None, they're all downstairs.
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Cucumbers, lemons, and yogurt.
20. What superstition do you believe/practice? When you drop something while you're cooking, someone is going to show up at dinnertime.
21. What colour are your bed sheets? A light greenish-blue color.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? A bird.
23. Last thing you broke? A water glass.
24. What are you having to eat tonight? I don't know yet.
25. What colour shirt are you wearing? I'm still in my pjs. They're pink.
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing? I want to go to the mountains.
27. Do security cameras make you nervous? No
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? A Vintage Wife
29. Last time you went to a cemetery? About a month ago.
30. Last concert you went to? I don't even know...
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? George Strait
32. Next concert you're planning to attend? I want to see Josh Turner.
33. Do you talk to yourself? I don't know.
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet? Yes
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born? Yes
Friday, October 9, 2009
I'm really in love with the house. So we're going to store our furniture. The movers were able to put it all nicely in a storage shed. We did pick some things to stay in the house. But not a whole lot.
But all of our other stuff, knick knacks, clothes, personal items...I've been unpacking them. For a few days. Boxes and boxes. Seriously when did we collect so much stuff? But our home is starting to feel like home.
There are a few pieces of furniture I want to buy. Because going from a house designed from a man, to one for a couple, well there are a few key pieces missing. Like a nice vanity table. And some little things like that. I also want to pick up a few decorative items. Paul and I don't plan to stay here forever. But we want it to feel like home.
Now all that is left to do, is find a job. I still haven't heard back from my 2 interviews. But I've been looking around. Lola is trying to get me a job at the hospital where she works. I'm just hoping for the best. But I'm taking this time off as a blessing. Because it gives me time to settle into our home. And to make it a home. ♥E
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
And the afternoon was filled with lots of friends. New and old. I have never been to such a fun birthday party for a 4 year old little girl. But little Sarita was so cute. She really enjoyed all of her gifts. And all the time with her loved ones.
The food was so good. I still can't believe it! It's been such a long time since I've had food that good. I can't believe how much I ate. And they sent us home with plates and plates of food. The cake was like a little piece of heaven too!
Then on Sunday, we went to the fair. So much fun! Free concerts. Lots of junk food. And fun. Yes, lots and lots of fun! Paul and I had so much fun. We were like 5 year old kids. And after a day of junk food, we took home 2 balls of cotton candy, 2 candy apples, 2 carmel apples, 2 bags of kettle korn, and 2 turkey legs.
Can you say a good time? We had our leftovers yesterday. And today, I'm going to make some yummy veggie stew. Because we need to clean out our systems. We're on "junk food overload." Yes, I want lots of veggies. And fresh bread. But it was a fun weekend. ♥E
Sunday, October 4, 2009
I know that I started doing the Sunday Stealing because I was off on Sundays. And since we've moved, and I still don't have a job, I think I'll continue. I know that there are different things like this for every day of the week. So there are always options. Until then, I'm sticking with the Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Water
2. Where was your profile picture taken? At an event for school.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero? Not well.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about? Paul, he was trying to make his way from bed to the bathroom without turning on the lights. Let's just say, we don't know our way around our house yet. He hit the wall. Pretty hard. Then cracked up laughing.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why? Until after midnight. Paul and I were just talking and enjoying the night.
6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? Nowhere else. We've already been there, done that. This is where we belong!
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Yes, and I love it!
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? Right now, I think J.
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits? I don't think so. I think it could get weird.
10. Do you like Dr. Pepper? Yes. Probably a little too much.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling? Right before we moved. I was just being emotional about that chapter of our lives ending.
12. Who took your profile picture? Paul
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Paul
14. Was yesterday better than today? Why? I don't know. We're just starting our day.
15. Can you live a day without TV? Yes, we're not TV people.
16. Are you upset about anything now? No, I'm really happy.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Yes, they are always worth it. Relationships make you into a better person.
18. Are you a bad influence? No
19. Night out or night in? Night in.
20. What items could you not go without during the day? Water, some sort of snack, and a hair tie.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? My patients.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? What are you doing today?
23. How do you feel about your life right now? I'm really happy about it.
24. Do you hate anyone? No
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? I'm not on Facebook.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Yes
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Yes, and I hate that!
28. What song is stuck in your head? Nothing yet.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be? Lola, she's the only one I know that would be out at that time.
30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50? Not really.
31. Tell us about your Saturday night. We were at a birthday party. Which was a lot of fun. Then we came home and just relaxed. It was a late night. But a fun night.
32. Do you think too much or too little? Probably too much.
33. Do you smile a lot? Yes
Friday, October 2, 2009
The movers still aren't here. Looks like they won't be here until Monday. We're not sure what the hold up is. But I will definitely be doing lots of laundry today. We need clean clothes. Because we didn't pack much. Our stuff was supposed to be here by today. But it's not. What are you going to do?
Laundry, shopping, and cooking...those are my plans for today. I hope I can get everything done. Wish me luck. I'm definitely going to need it! And I hope that our furniture gets here by Monday. ♥E
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Lola needed some more judges. And J and Paul went to help out. Paul came home stuffed! And told me that was a great 1st day of work. We're already loving our new home. Now, I should probably get started on dinner. I hadn't even thought about cooking. And I'm sure Paul would like something more than just desserts today. ♥E
Monday, September 28, 2009
But we have a lot of odds and ends. Things that needed to be packed well. It's crazy how we finished, giving us just 2 hours of sleep. I'm glad our packing is done. At least for a few days. When we have to begin our unpacking. Now it's time, to move across the country! ♥E
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Tomorrow, the movers come. And we hand over our keys. And take a flight home. So much is on my mind. And we still need to finish packing. Here is this week's Sunday Stealing. ♥E
It’s not really fall in until...You have some pumpkin pie.
What did you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete? Go camping.
A person I know was wrong for me but about whom I frequently thought after a break-up was... No one.
If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be? The PBR Finals.
Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar? I don't know.
Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche? Politics.
If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you? At 18: a. A good man is just around the corner. b. School isn't that bad...honestly. c. Life is full of surprises. Never give up.
Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared? No, Lola already has a blog. I really enjoy her thoughts on lots of topics.
If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least? I would take a good month. If I could leave all my responsibilities behind. The only thing I'd miss is my friends. I like to read their blogs and emails.
On September 11th of this year, I attended a couple of parties and was somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts? I always think about the events of 9/11/01. That day will forever touch our lives. And I will teach my children about the significance of the day. I feel sad when people forget about it. But like other tragedies in our country, people forget.
How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt? My husband and only a few people really know the real Em. I just think you need to be truthful and honest with me. Then I'm able to let you in.
The sexiest thing a man or a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is: My husband telling me that I was sexy no matter if I was covered in mudd, working on our garden. Or all dressed up and ready for a date. :)
Saturday, September 26, 2009
This chapter of our lives is quickly closing. We're both a little sad. We're leaving a part of our lives behind. Friends we've made. A routine we were used to. A life that we enjoyed.
As I look around tonight, our house is almost completely packed up. I hope we finish before the movers get here. But it's a little sad. I mean, this has been our home. And now, we're leaving. It's a little like a break up. I know, it's just a house. And a state. But it's still tough.
I know that the next chapter of our lives is going to be a good one. I'm excited. So is Paul. We hope to start a family in a few years. And all of this, it's worth being happy and planning a bright future with my husband.
But it has been an emotional day. Something about the lake just made me realize how final this was. And it made me sad. I'm going to miss all of this. I cried a lot today. Paul and I took a bunch of pictures of our favorite spots around here. And lots at the lake. It really was our favorite place to be.
I'm ready for what's ahead of us. All we have to do is get our stuff loaded and moved. Oh, and turn over our keys to our landlord. But this is something that we both need, and want. And we really are excited about moving home!! ♥E
Monday, September 21, 2009
I packed up my office. And was very tearing eyed. Why? I really don't know. Our office isn't anything too special to cry about. It's a large room. With a bunch of desks. All of the RDs share it. But it was a nice place to be. A comforting place. A warm environment.
And then, my coworkers through me a "Going Away" party. Presents included. I cried. I couldn't help it. They are so much like family. I'm going to miss them. I'll never forget my first job. It was a good experience. I just hope my next job is just as blessed. There are so many good memories over the last few years. I did my internship at this hospital. And was offered a job here. The people will always have a special place in my heart. ♥E