Monday, November 30, 2009
I just found this wonderful blog. Trina is hosting a scarf giveaway. I hope you go and take a look at this blog. Trina is just so stylish! I love her tips. They range from fashion to makeup. She also blogs about her family and their various adventures.
I am a big fan of this scarf. And I am so glad that Trina is hosting this giveaway. I hope that I win this. It would make a nice addition to any outfit. Especially for the holidays.
You can use this scarf to add some style to a simple black dress. Or even a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I'm going over to Trina's blog to enter the giveaway. I hope you take the time to go look at her blog as well! ♥E
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I'm still enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers. Aren't they so much better after the big meal? I think so! And we got a lot of shopping done on Friday. I'm feeling pretty good about life at the moment. And I hear our pumpkin pie calling my name. :) So here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. When is your birthday? October 17th
2. Where were you born? In a small town, in the SW part of our state.
3. Where do you live now? About 2 hours south of there.
4. What is your heritage? American
5. Tell us about a weakness. Chocolate, it gets me every time. I love the stuff!
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? Buying a house and starting our family.
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? LOL
8. What was your first thought this morning? I want a turkey sandwich.
9. When do you usually go to bed? It depends. Usually by 11pm.
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? No
11. Do you like your current relationship status? Yes, very much so! :)
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? I get along good with my parents.
13. How often do you drink alcohol? Not often. Usually to celebrate something big or for a holiday.
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? No
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. No
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? In my sleep.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? I'm already an RD. That's what I wanted to be. Now if I could just find a job.
18. Have you ever been dumped? Yes, haven't we all?
19. What's on your pizza? Pepperoni and green chili or ham and pineapple. :)
20. Have you ever shoplifted? Never!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
I found Trina and her videos a while back. And I love them! I also found her blog. Again, one of my favorites! She is such a sweet and stylish lady.
This video is one of my favorites. I adore her scarf collection. It makes me want to head to the store immediately! I want to buy a bunch of scarves. And I really wish we could go shopping with Trina. Have I mentioned how stylish she is? And how much I love her style! That last scarf is my favorite! I went searching high and low for it, but I never found it...
Lola is someone else who loves scarves. And she always has a cute one on. I'm telling you, I need to go shopping. It's so super cold out. So unusual for this area. And I'm starting to really miss the Florida weather. But I think I just want to go scarf shopping. :) ♥E
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just love Thanksgiving for all the yummy food. J gave all his employees fresh turkeys. And Paul cooked ours. Amazing! We really out did ourselves this year. And we cooked like we were expecting an Army! It was just the 2 of us. :)
Now we're going through the ads. Looks like it's going to be an early morning for us tomorrow. But we enjoy the crazy shopping. And the good breakfast we usually go out to have afterward. I really can't wait to have a leftover turkey sandwich tomorrow too!
Right now, my belly is stuffed! Oh my! Everything was so delicious. And I'm still considering some more pumpkin pie. :) But I really want to say how much all of our friends and family mean to Paul and I. It's been a crazy few months. And you've stuck behind us. It means so much to us! Thank you very much. This year, we're most thankful for all the people that love us. We really are blessed. ♥E
Monday, November 23, 2009
A lot like Christmas! Paul has been working on the lights outside for about 2 days. We're getting ready to put up our Christmas tree. It just feels amazing! I LOVE this time of year! It makes me feel like a kid again.
And we've been indulging a bit. I've been baking cookies and making hot chocolate. But it's just perfect for the cold weather that we've been having. I'm so excited! Little by little, I've been putting up the decorations in the house. Like the Nativity Scene and such. But the tree is the highlight of our decorating. I can't wait. I've even got Christmas music playing in the background. :) ♥E
Sunday, November 22, 2009
We've really been enjoying the cold weather. It was the one thing that both Paul and I missed when we lived in Florida. It's amazing to have 3 fireplaces in our home too! Last night, we roasted marshmallows and snuggled. Oh cold weather, how I love you! Here is my Sunday Stealing for the week. ♥E
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. I don't know of anyone personally. But Lola's grandpa and I have the same birthday.
2. Where was your first kiss? In the small town where I'm from, in the park.
3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why? No
4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When? No
5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? They're eyes.
6. What really turns you off? People who think they are better than you are.
7. What is your biggest mistake? Not studying a larger variety of topics in school.
8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? No
9. Say something totally random about yourself. I just painted my nails a taupe color.
10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? No
11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? Sometimes I watch Disney movies. :)
12. Are you comfortable with your height? Yes
13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? When Paul was planning on proposing, he planned an entire weekend out. He rented a cabin, got all my favorite foods, and movies. Decorated it with flowers and candles. It was very romantic. The entire weekend, he did tons of stuff for me too. I have an old romantic for a husband. And I love it!
14. When do you know it's love? I don't know. I just knew when Paul and I began dating.
15. What's something that really annoys you? Rude cashiers.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
But here, I've seen some nice items. Unfortunately, every time I go to buy a scarf, they're either stained or torn. I really want one. I guess I just need to keep my eyes peeled. Maybe I should start looking online too. ♥E
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I was reading a few of my friends' blogs this morning. And I found a link to a giveaway. For a custom made necklace like this. Don't you adore it? I would just love to win this necklace. You can enter the giveaway for your chance to win. ♥E
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I always leave the store feeling bad. Because I have to buy such large sizes. I know, in the back in my head that the label means nothing. But what does that tell you about the brand? It just makes me wonder. And if I feel this bad, and I'm a confident woman, what does it do to teenage girls? ♥E
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
I found a link to this giveaway. I am so happy that I did. Not only did I find this beautiful dress. But I also found a fun new blog. I can't believe someone can sew like this. I need to learn. Since I am still without a job, maybe I can learn. I have quite a bit of free time on my hands. I am so inspired by this blog! ♥E
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I really just want to sit down and eat some cobbler from last night. And maybe crawl up on the couch and watch a movie. It's such a cold day. I want to just relax and enjoy the day. Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
Part One - Describe:
Your hair? Long and brown.
Your mother? The sweetest and most loving person I know.
Your father? Such a strong person. Determined and hardworking.
Your favorite food? At the moment, enchiladas.
Your dream last night? I don't remember it. I just remember being on the beach. :)
Your favorite drink? I really like pineapple juice.
Your dream/goal? To get a good job, buy our own home, and have some babies with Paul. :)
The room are you in? The living room.
Your hobby? Cooking and watching Youtube videos.
Your fear? Losing my husband.
Your TV? Is off.
Your Pets? Our dogs are sleeping.
Friends? Are amazing!
Your life? Is very good at the moment.
Your mood? Very happy.
If you're missing someone? I'm missing some friends from Florida.
Your best friend? Lola and Vi.
Part Two - The Where's?
Where do you want to be in 6 years? I want to have our own home, be comfortable in our jobs, and to have started a family.
Where were you last night? At home.
Where did you grow up? About 90 minutes from here.
One place that I go to over and over? To the mountains. :)
Your favorite place to eat out? Si Senor's
Wish list items? A house of our own.
Last time you laughed? About 10 minutes ago.
Last time you cried? I don't know. It's been a while.
Part Three - The What's?
Something that you aren't? Crafty
Last thing you did? Got some water and an apple.
What are you wearing? Jeans and a sweater.
Something you're not wearing? A jacket.
Your favorite store? Target
Saturday, November 14, 2009
It was the perfect treat for Paul and I. Especially on a cold night like this. I made 6 mini cobblers. And I just put 4 in the refrigerator. I can't wait to have leftovers tomorrow! ♥E
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (4.5 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Set aside some of the pie filling, including five cherries, for garnish. Divide the remaining filling among five ungreased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Top each with a biscuit; brush with butter. Combine sugars and cinnamon; sprinkle over biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees F for 14-18 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Top with reserved pie filling.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I found this YouTube video. And I thought it was good and informative video. With lots of great tips. I probably could have used this when we went to Las Vegas. I would put on basic makeup during the day. You know, for shopping and such. You don't want to walk around with crazy makeup during the day. Even in Las Vegas.
Then I'd struggle every evening at trying to make my makeup more "night" appropriate. Does anyone else have that issue? I think it's horrible. I usually just take off all of my makeup and start again. But now, I think I could just add a few more products and make a nice evening look. ♥E
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
This was such an interesting conference. I know that doesn't sound interesting at all. But it was. In all the years I went to college and studied nutrition, I only took 2 pediatric classes. They don't offer many. It's something you have to seek out after you become an RD.
Lola talked to the Pediatric Chief at the hospital where she works. There is a good possibility that I can get a job in the pediatric unit. I'm not sure if I'd be working in the regular pediatric unit, the PICU, or the NICU. But I need to become pediatric certified.
After 10 hours, I can't believe how much I learned. It was incredible! And now, I'm so excited. Even if I'm tired. We relied heavily on AMP and chocolate to make it through the day. But it all worked out nicely. Right now, I'm heading to bed. It's been a long 10 hours. ♥E
Sunday, November 8, 2009
We're still in Las Vegas. We leave this week. We're still not completely sure what day. But we've had such a great time! And I'm glad that we've gotten the chance to spend so much tie with our friends. Who would have ever thought that life would be this nice? Here's my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
26. What color is your watch? The one I have on right now is gold.
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? Kangaroos
28. Would you strip for money? No
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? We usually go through the drive thru.
30. What is your favorite number? 17
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? Lola
32. Any plans today? Some work for Paul. I'm going to try and spend some time with friends. And going to some shows. :)
33. In how many states have you lived? 3
34. Biggest annoyance right now? Nothing really.
35. Last song listened to? I just heard Shania Twain's "Up."
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? If I do it really slowly.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? No. Not unless you call me the maid.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? A pair of grey ballet flats. They're so comfortable!
39. Are you jealous of anyone? No
40. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of.
41. Do you love anyone? Yes, Paul, my family, and my friends.
42. Do any of your friends have children? Lots of them have have kids.
43. What do you usually do during the day? I usually take care of our house. I cook, clean, and make sure everything is going well. When I can, I try to watch GH. But mostly just house stuff.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? No
45. Do you use the word hello daily? Yes
46. What color is your car? Blue
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? Size 6
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? About my parents.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes
50. How did you get your worst scar? Jumping a fence when I was younger.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Can I admit that I love the decor in Carly's living room? And in Robin's. I'm looking at turning one of the bedrooms into an office for me. Or just a room for me to hangout in. I like the color pallet of both rooms. Now I just need to decide which one I like more.
I like the light and airy feeling of Carly's house. The cool tones. It's just amazing. And Robin's, the dark and inviting colors. Love them! I'm so inspired. I think I need to sit and talk to Lola about all of this. Where do I begin? ♥E
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
She was right. These were the best little cakes ever! It's a good thing that I don't live in Las Vegas. Because I could see myself going to Freed's Bakery weekly. Honestly, they're that good! If you're ever in Las Vegas, you need to go to Freed's Bakery. In my opinion, it's just as important as going to the Strip and shopping at the Outlets. ♥E
Monday, November 2, 2009
But lately, my blog has been so boring. I don't know. It just seems boring. What do you think? And there seems to be a ton of Sunday Stealing. I know they're good. I enjoy doing them. There are a lot of fun questions. But my blog seems to only focus on them. I need to stop that!
So I'm going to try and focus on real life. And fun stuff. I don't know what else. I just want to spice up. Make my blog a fun place to come and read. My fingers are crossed that I can do that. ♥E
Sunday, November 1, 2009
We had a great Halloween! Lots of fun. Lots of friends. The event was so much fun. And the shows were amazing! All of our friends are so talented. But right now, I feel like a nap. We have another full evening tonight. So here is my Sunday Stealing for the week. ♥E
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? Pink and white.
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Paul
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sleeping
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Sleeping
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Kit Kat
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? No
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? I want a grilled cheese and a salad. We're ordering some breakfast/lunch.
8. What is your favorite ice cream? How to choose? Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut. It has a little bit of everything in it.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water
10. Do you like your wallet? Yes
11. What was the last thing you ate? I haven't had anything since last night. I think it could have been a cookie.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yes, I've been doing a lot of shopping. I love the Outlets here!
13. The last sporting event you watched? A Rodeo
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Extra butter. :)
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? Anna Marie
16. Ever go camping? Yes, I used to go a lot when I was younger.
17. Do you take vitamins daily? Just a multi vitamin.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? Yes, except today...
19. Do you have a tan? No
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Yes, I really like Chinese food.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Yes
22. What did your last text message say? Still waiting on our baby. (My friend is due in a few weeks.)
23. What are you doing tomorrow? I don't know. Maybe some more shopping?
24. Favorite color? Turquoise
25. Look to your left; what do you see? Paul reading the newspaper. :)