I'm so excited! It's Halloween today. And we're in Las Vegas. So much fun! Tonight we're heading to see our friends perform and we're so excited. I'm also anxious to see Lauren all dressed up. She keeps telling me about her costume.
We also have our event to go to tonight. Yes, Paul is working. But we'll have more than enough time to enjoy the holiday. This morning, we woke up to a big Halloween surprise from Lola. A basket full of yummy treats! She is an amazing friend. :)
I'm going to miss handing out candy. But this is going to be a fun day. I'm super excited! And the day is just beginning. But what can I say? I'm in love with this city and all the things we're getting to do! Happy Halloween! ♥E
I'm in Las Vegas. Yes, just me. Paul is on his way as I type this. Not too far away either. This week, he has to work in Las Vegas. Actually, for about the next 2 weeks or so.
But I came with Lola and the band yesterday. Paul figured it would be a nicer way for me to travel. Since he's coming with the guys. And all the livestock. So here I am. We enjoyed a lot of the city already. I'm glad I came with Lola. She knows about all the fun places to go.
Paul is really excited about the event that they're working. And I'm just happy to be in town. We're going to get to see the BBs perform. And Lola! Not to mention all the other great shows. I'm so excited!
And we'll be here for Halloween. That should be fun! We did that once before. And that was the best Halloween ever! I'm really excited. But more excited that Paul is almost here. I can't wait to share some of the fun with him. ♥E
The weather has been so cold lately. And we're enjoying it so much! But, it's causing me to stay indoors a lot more. Which is a little sad. But I'm dealing. Spending more and more time at the gym. And decorating for Halloween. Halloween is just making me excited.
I'm not much of a horror fan. I love Halloween, but that is about it for me. So I hope this isn't too boring for you. Here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction? Does Frankenstein count?
2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy? I don't really have one.
3. Who is your favorite monster? Um, Cousin It?
4. What is your favorite Horror movie? The Birds
5. What horror movie gives you the most chills? The Birds
6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play? The lady from The Birds.
7. Freddy or Jason? I don't know...
8. What is your favorite Halloween treat? Those carmel and chocolate apples. Yum!
9. Ghosts or goblins? Ghosts
10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one? Friendly. :)
11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal? I haven't had one.
12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? No, I just think people don't come back to haunt us.
13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? A zombie.
14. Favorite Halloween costume? One year my husband dressed up like a 40s troop, and I dressed up to match him. In a 40s style pin up look. It was a lot of fun!
15. Best thing about Halloween? Decorating and handing out candy.
16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)? My husband.
17. Are you superstitious? No
18. Share an unusual Halloween story. I grew up in the mountains. Not many people would hand out candy. And well, people live far from each other. But one year, my dad wanted us to have fun. So he built this little Halloween scenes. And he hid candy in them. By the time we got there, some creatures had stole all our candy. My friends and I didn't get any candy that year! And it was snowing...
19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid? We'd watch Halloween movies. And my mom would cook us a Halloween themed dinner. All of our friends would come over. It was a lot of fun.
20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended? We went to Las Vegas. Lola was performing and she invited us. So we got to go to a big Vegas Halloween party. Lots of fun!
As much as Paul and I didn't watch TV before, we're seriously making up for it now! And Eastwick is one of my favorite shows. I just think it's cute and quirky. I like the characters and the story lines.
Every week, I look forward to watch a new episode. I hear that there is a book. I might have to pick it up. I love to read. But I don't know if it will ruin the series for me. I did that with Lipstick Jungle. And it sorta ruined the show for me. Until it was cancelled. But I really like this show! ♥E
There is something about Fall that I just love. It's the beautiful color of the trees. The sound of the leaves as you walk. The yummy foods. And all the fun holidays. Fall might just be my favorite holiday!
Early this week, we carved pumpkins. And started to decorate for Halloween. So much fun! Paul and I were like little kids. We even roasted the pumpkin seeds. And ate plenty of Candy Corn. :) I'm telling you, I love Fall!
And tonight, I made a big pot of veggie stew. It was so good. And we had lots of good bread to go with it. I'm telling you, there is something about the cooling weather, and all the warm things that go with it. I'm going to go cuddle up with my husband and a cup of apple cider. ♥E
I'm still recovering from my birthday. :) Paul put together such a fun day for me. And he made me a yummy dinner last night. It was really good! And we spent the night watching all my favorite movies. That means we were up all night! But it was so fun.
Today, my parents came over. And my mom made me an amazing meal. She is amazing! But we really did have a great time. I'm ready for bed. But first, here is my Sunday Stealing. ♥E
A- Advocate for: Children
B- Best Feature: My eyes?
C- Could do without: The stress of job hunting.
D- Dreams and desires: To work in pediatric nutrition, have babies with Paul, and grow old with my husband.
E- Essential items: Chapstick, water, deodorant, socks, and a good facial cleanser.
F- Favorite past time: Reading
G- Good at: Nutrition stuff.
H- Have never tried: Crafting
I- If I had a million dollars: I'd buy a home, start a family, and start a garden to sell veggies.
J- Junkie for: Anything vintage.
K- Kindred spirit: To Lola and Vi.
L- Little known fact: I've always wanted to learn how to sew and crochet.
M- Memorable moment: Marrying my best friend.
N- Never again will I: Move across country.
O- Occasional indulgence: Tons and tons of junk food.
P- Profession: An RD.
Q- Quote: "Take life one day at a time." ~Unknown
R- Reason to smile: Spending time with my husband.
S- Sorry about: Nothing at the moment.
T- Things you are worrying about right now: Finding a job.
U- Uninterested in: Sports
V- Very scared of: Not having enough money.
W- Worst habits: Completely reorganizing our bookshelves all the time.
Y- Yummiest dessert: Hot fudge, brownie sundae. Yum!
I'd been telling Paul that I needed a haircut. And he told me that I should make an appointment. So after asking a few people, I decided on place to go. Lola is really the one to thank. She suggested Barragans.
I made an appointment. And I figured I would get my hair done. Last night, I began to think about having my nails done too. But I wasn't sure. But when I got to my appointment today, Paul had called ahead.
He scheduled a day of pampering for me. And had paid for everything! When I called him, he told me that it was a bit of a birthday present. Tomorrow is my birthday. Don't I have a wonderful husband? I think so!
I had my hair done, a mani-pedi, and my eyebrows done. It was like heaven! And just when I thought I was done, I had a facial and a massage. Paul met me for a yummy dinner in the city. And we came home.
Right now, Paul is making me a yummy dessert. He is such an amazing husband! I'm trying to think of something amazing to do for him. For his birthday. Even if it's still months away. I love Paul so much! ♥E
I really like this vanity set. It's from Target! And is about $170. I really want to buy this. I've always wanted a "real" vanity table. In Florida, I used a small table. Almost like a TV tray. And I had a rickety chair that we found when we moved into that house.
But now, I want something nice. So Paul and I are going to go look at our local Target. I hope they have it. I don't want to have to pay the shipping if I don't have to. If not, maybe the big city, about an hour away, has it. I just hope so! ♥E
We're still trying to settle into our new home. Everything is going well. But we have a little shopping left to do. I really feel like this is such a good move for Paul and I. We're so happy. Here's My Sunday Steaing for the week. ♥E
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet? No
2. How do you flush the toilet in public? With my foot. I'm just weird like that.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Always!
4. Do you have a crush on someone? My husband. :)
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of. Money. I've always worried about it.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? None that I know of.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping? Pepperoni
8. Do you crack your knuckles? Sometimes. But I try not to.
9. What song do you hate the most? The "Thong Song." I heard it way too much in Florida.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? Yes...
11. What are your super powers? Being able to guess people's weight and height.
12. Peppermint or spearmint? Spearmint
13. Where are your car keys? In a bowl, by the door.
14. Last song you listened to? That song on GMA.
15. What's your most annoying habit? Organizing our bookshelves.
16. Where did you last go on vacation? We came here on vacation. Before we moved.
17. What is your best physical feature? I don't know. My eyes?
18. What CD is closest to you right now? None, they're all downstairs.
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Cucumbers, lemons, and yogurt.
20. What superstition do you believe/practice? When you drop something while you're cooking, someone is going to show up at dinnertime.
21. What colour are your bed sheets? A light greenish-blue color.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? A bird.
23. Last thing you broke? A water glass.
24. What are you having to eat tonight? I don't know yet.
25. What colour shirt are you wearing? I'm still in my pjs. They're pink.
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing? I want to go to the mountains.
27. Do security cameras make you nervous? No
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? A Vintage Wife
29. Last time you went to a cemetery? About a month ago.
30. Last concert you went to? I don't even know...
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? George Strait
32. Next concert you're planning to attend? I want to see Josh Turner.
33. Do you talk to yourself? I don't know.
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet? Yes
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born? Yes
Right after I posted my last blog post, the movers got here. And I had never been so excited! We started moving all of our things in. Because we're staying in one of J's houses, it is already furnished. And beautiful! Lola designed the entire thing. Wow!
I'm really in love with the house. So we're going to store our furniture. The movers were able to put it all nicely in a storage shed. We did pick some things to stay in the house. But not a whole lot.
But all of our other stuff, knick knacks, clothes, personal items...I've been unpacking them. For a few days. Boxes and boxes. Seriously when did we collect so much stuff? But our home is starting to feel like home.
There are a few pieces of furniture I want to buy. Because going from a house designed from a man, to one for a couple, well there are a few key pieces missing. Like a nice vanity table. And some little things like that. I also want to pick up a few decorative items. Paul and I don't plan to stay here forever. But we want it to feel like home.
Now all that is left to do, is find a job. I still haven't heard back from my 2 interviews. But I've been looking around. Lola is trying to get me a job at the hospital where she works. I'm just hoping for the best. But I'm taking this time off as a blessing. Because it gives me time to settle into our home. And to make it a home. ♥E
We had one busy and crazy weekend. But I really enjoyed it. Saturday we started out by going to the Farmers' Market. One of my favorite things to do all week. I enjoy going on Saturdays much more than Wednesdays. Because I have to go alone on Wednesdays. But on Saturdays, I get to go with Paul. And we buy lots of yummy veggies. There's not a lot fruit this time of year. But the bread is amazing!
And the afternoon was filled with lots of friends. New and old. I have never been to such a fun birthday party for a 4 year old little girl. But little Sarita was so cute. She really enjoyed all of her gifts. And all the time with her loved ones.
The food was so good. I still can't believe it! It's been such a long time since I've had food that good. I can't believe how much I ate. And they sent us home with plates and plates of food. The cake was like a little piece of heaven too!
Then on Sunday, we went to the fair. So much fun! Free concerts. Lots of junk food. And fun. Yes, lots and lots of fun! Paul and I had so much fun. We were like 5 year old kids. And after a day of junk food, we took home 2 balls of cotton candy, 2 candy apples, 2 carmel apples, 2 bags of kettle korn, and 2 turkey legs.
Can you say a good time? We had our leftovers yesterday. And today, I'm going to make some yummy veggie stew. Because we need to clean out our systems. We're on "junk food overload." Yes, I want lots of veggies. And fresh bread. But it was a fun weekend. ♥E
I know that I started doing the Sunday Stealing because I was off on Sundays. And since we've moved, and I still don't have a job, I think I'll continue. I know that there are different things like this for every day of the week. So there are always options. Until then, I'm sticking with the Sunday Stealing. ♥E
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? Water
2. Where was your profile picture taken? At an event for school.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero? Not well.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about? Paul, he was trying to make his way from bed to the bathroom without turning on the lights. Let's just say, we don't know our way around our house yet. He hit the wall. Pretty hard. Then cracked up laughing.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why? Until after midnight. Paul and I were just talking and enjoying the night.
6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why? Nowhere else. We've already been there, done that. This is where we belong!
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks? Yes, and I love it!
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you? Right now, I think J.
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits? I don't think so. I think it could get weird.
10. Do you like Dr. Pepper? Yes. Probably a little too much.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling? Right before we moved. I was just being emotional about that chapter of our lives ending.
12. Who took your profile picture? Paul
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of? Paul
14. Was yesterday better than today? Why? I don't know. We're just starting our day.
15. Can you live a day without TV? Yes, we're not TV people.
16. Are you upset about anything now? No, I'm really happy.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it? Yes, they are always worth it. Relationships make you into a better person.
18. Are you a bad influence? No
19. Night out or night in? Night in.
20. What items could you not go without during the day? Water, some sort of snack, and a hair tie.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital? My patients.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say? What are you doing today?
23. How do you feel about your life right now? I'm really happy about it.
24. Do you hate anyone? No
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find? I'm not on Facebook.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass? Yes
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before? Yes, and I hate that!
28. What song is stuck in your head? Nothing yet.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be? Lola, she's the only one I know that would be out at that time.
30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50? Not really.
31. Tell us about your Saturday night. We were at a birthday party. Which was a lot of fun. Then we came home and just relaxed. It was a late night. But a fun night.
32. Do you think too much or too little? Probably too much.
There is so much going on this weekend. Lola's goddaughter is turning 4. And we're invited to the birthday party. There is the local fair. And hopefully some more settling into our new home.
The movers still aren't here. Looks like they won't be here until Monday. We're not sure what the hold up is. But I will definitely be doing lots of laundry today. We need clean clothes. Because we didn't pack much. Our stuff was supposed to be here by today. But it's not. What are you going to do?
Laundry, shopping, and cooking...those are my plans for today. I hope I can get everything done. Wish me luck. I'm definitely going to need it! And I hope that our furniture gets here by Monday. ♥E
Hi! My name is Emily, but my friends call me Emmers. I am happily married to Paul. We met in college. Momma to the most precious little girl, Matilda. I work as an RD. And just recently Paul and I finished up with all of our school stuff. We are hoping to move back home soon! I also enjoy spending lots of time with Paul. We like to work on our home. I garden or cook almost everyday. I enjoy reading, writing, and sewing.