Friday, September 4, 2009

Me and My Girls!!!



It feels so good. My friends and I got to hangout today. It was amazing! It made me think of days past. All the time we spent together as interns. And this was our song. Unwritten. Our stories were unwritten...

Then Vi left us. She went to Dallas. Got into a great nutrition program. Now she is kicking butt. Doing a great job. And is an amazing RD. I graduated. Paul and I got married. And we moved to Florida. Making our lives work. Both of us going to school and loving life as newlyweds.

Lola, she was younger than us. More ambitious than Vi and I. She is still writing so much of her story. But every time I hear this song, I think of the 3 of us. Learning our way around the hospital. Loving our jobs. And being the best of friends.

It's good to be back home. And to get the chance to see my girls. They're so much more than friends. They'll be my sisters for life. I'm so proud of the job Vi is doing. And Lola. Wow! She is kicking butt. I'm so proud and happy for her. Who would have thought we would have come this far? And here we are, breaking all the rules. Writing our stories. And making amazing lives for us. Filling up all those blank pages. Showing people that we can make a HUGE difference in the world. Thank you girls! I can't wait to see what we're all doing in 10 years. :) ♥E

No comments: